These are happiness in a tart. You and everyone you make them for will love them!
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup solid coconut oil (NOT LIQUID) or vegan butter
1/4 cup cold water
icing (mix powdered sugar and water)
These directions can be slightly confusing to read so watch the video for a demo :)!
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To a mixing bowl, add the flour and sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and cut it in using a fork or pastry blender (or two butter knives work as well!) so the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the water a few tbsp as a time, stirring to form a dough.
- Knead it to form a ball of dough and use a rolling pin to roll it out evenly on a flat surface. Cut squares in the dough, then add jam in the centre of half of the squares.
- Press the non-jam squares on top of the jam squares and seal the edges with a fork.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Add some frosting and sprinkles if desired and enjoy!