Crispy Tofu Dippers

These crispy tofu dippers make a great post-workout meal or snack. They go super well with a variety of sides like broccoli, rice, or potato wedges! I made a vegan “honey mustard” dipping sauce to go with them, but I also know they pair amazingly with plum sauce, ketchup and spicy mayo.

Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
1/2 block of tofu, sliced into triangles or whatever shape you like
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
1/4 cup flour (gluten free flour works too, but NOT coconut flour)
salt and pepper to taste

Press your tofu to get the moisture out and then slice it into the shapes you like. Get 3 bowls. In one bowl, add the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. In the next bowl add the flour. In the last bowl add the almond milk. Dip each piece of tofu first in the flour until it is coated, then in the almond milk and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. Watch the video below to see a step by step of this. Place onto a parchment-lined baking tray and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 8-10 minutes. You can spray them with a bit of oil if you like to get them extra crispy.

“Honey Mustard” Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
2 tbsp vegan mayo
1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp maple syrup (or more for a sweeter sauce)

Whisk ingredients together until smooth.

9 Comments

1. Alicia Watkins
    November 26, 2017 / 6:02 pm

I have a delicious gf vegan brownie recipe if you’d like it I can send it to you. My family including kids and not vegans eat them up.

2. Emily
    November 28, 2017 / 12:21 am

Eating these now and they are so good. I love the sauce and dipped my broccoli in it too

3. kelly
    December 2, 2017 / 12:51 am

can’t wait to eat this for lunch tomorrow

4. Ana
    December 15, 2017 / 9:26 pm

I made this and it was SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! Thank you for the recipe.

5. Brooke
    December 16, 2017 / 2:07 am

The sauce is soooo good! plus super easy to make it!

6. Bri Tran
    February 26, 2018 / 4:49 pm

Liv! I saw in another video you froze these guys and then baked them. I have some in m my freezer right now.. How long should I bake them for and at what temp? Thanks so much, these are so tasty!

• oliviabiermann
      March 21, 2018 / 11:53 am

You can reheat them on 350F (180C) for about 10 minutes, plus more time if they need it! I actually usually reheat them in my toaster oven but I believe that would be the equivalent for a standard oven :)!

7. Sam
    March 8, 2018 / 7:57 pm

I can’t even describe how good these are… they’re so insanely delicious and so easy to make; I’ve only tried two of your recipes for myself so far (even though I watch all your videos) and you’re two for two! This is gonna be a new staple snack for me <3

8. Grace
    March 21, 2018 / 3:14 am

I literally make these every week. So easy and good. I use the sauce for so many things now and even non-vegans love it. Thank you so much for this!!