These crispy tofu dippers were such a popular recipe on my blog that I had to include them in my cookbook. (If you haven’t checked out my cookbook yet, click here!)Print
Crispy Tofu Dippers
These crispy tofu dippers go super well with a variety of sides like broccoli, rice, or potato wedges! I made a vegan “honey mustard” dipping sauce to go with them, but I also know they pair amazingly with plum sauce, ketchup and spicy mayo.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Crispy Tofu Dippers:
- 1/2 block of tofu, sliced into triangles or whatever shape you like
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten free flour works too, but NOT coconut flour)
- salt and pepper to taste
Vegan “Honey” Mustard Sauce:
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or more for a sweeter sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press your tofu to get the moisture out and then slice it into the shapes you like.
- Get 3 bowls. In one bowl, add the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. In the next bowl add the flour. In the last bowl add the almond milk.
- Dip each piece of tofu first in the flour until it is coated, then in the almond milk and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. Watch the video below to see a step by step of this.
- Place onto a parchment-lined baking tray and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 8-10 minutes. You can spray them with a bit of oil if you like to get them extra crispy.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the tofu from the oven once golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.