This tofu bowl is so comforting and healthy but simple to make! I love to serve the tofu over rice, but feel free to add it to a salad, or even serve it with fries for a nostalgic, kid-friendly meal.
- 1/2 block tofu (about 6 oz.), cubed
- 1 tsp oil
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (depending how sweet your BBQ sauce is)
- 1 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
- white rice (I do 1/2 cup dry rice plus 1 cup water)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Cook your rice and broccoli. I use a rice cooker and then steam my broccoli in a pot or in the microwave.
- Preheat a frying pan to medium heat. Add the oil, tofu and mushrooms. Cook until slightly browned.
- Add the BBQ sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, sriracha and any other spices you like. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the sauce has thickened and starts to caramelize.
- Serve over rice with a side of broccoli. Top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!