This breakfast scramble is a high protein, soy-free option for those who are vegan or allergic to eggs! I love this recipe because its perfect to prep ahead of time and then easy to reheat on busy weekday mornings!
This recipe was so popular, it made it to my cookbook! Check it out here!Print
This chickpea scramble recipe is a delicious soy-free alternative to tofu scramble. Double or triple the recipe so you have leftovers for breakfasts during the week!
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 1 tsp oil or water
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chickpeas, lightly mashed with a fork
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of greens
- Saute the onions, garlic, bell pepper and green onion in the oil or a bit of water. When the white onions become translucent, add the chickpeas.
- Add the spices & salt/pepper and a splash of water to help it all blend together. Cook until the water has evaporated and everything is cooked as you like it.
- Serve with avocado toast (my recommendation!)