Today I’m making Thai Coconut Curry with Tofu.
This curry is another favourite of mine! This recipe is super easy to throw together, takes less than 30 minutes and only uses one pan! The perfect quick and easy dinner.
Serves: 2 adults
♡ PS: for more delicious, healthy, easy recipes check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!
Recipe for Thai Coconut Curry with Tofu
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped veggies (500mL)
- 6 ounces tofu, cubed (170g) – I used smoked tofu
- 1 can (13 fl. oz) coconut milk – I used Lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (15mL)
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional) (5mL)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (optional) (5mL)
In a large frying pan on medium heat, fry the onion and garlic in the oil until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the tofu and veggies and cook another 4 to 5 minutes. Add the curry paste, coconut milk, brown sugar and turmeric, if using. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice or noodles.
Be careful about the red curry paste as most are not vegan and contain shrimp paste. The popular brand, Mae Ploy, sold in stores all contain shrimp paste for that extra kick of umami and funkiness.
so should it be omitted from the recipe?