It’s no secret that chocolate chip cookies are my favourite sweet. But sometimes when I want to shake things up, I’ll make a batch of these rocky road cookie bars! They’re easy, sweet and hit the spot every time.
PS: for more delicious sweets recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Rocky Road Cookie Bars
My infamous cookie bars with a twist! Added nuts and coconut make these a delicious, chunky rocky road delight.
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or softened vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/3 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture half at a time and stir to form a dough. Add walnuts, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Press into an 8inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before slicing.