If you are a muffin-lover then you need to try these amazing pumpkin and apple spice muffins! They are super cozy and perfect for fall. I love making a batch of these for breakfast, and snacks and they freeze well if you want to save some for another time.
For more delicious and budget-friendly vegan recipes, check out my cookbook here.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Pumpkin spice muffins made even more autumn with the addition of apple! I love how fluffy these are and the nuts on top provide the perfect little crunch.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 chopped nuts for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, non-dairy milk, oil and apple sauce and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and stir to form a batter.
- Line 9 muffin cups with paper liners and divide batter evenly into the muffin cups. Sprinkle chopped nuts overtop if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
I make these alot now! They’re so healthy and so delicious! My mom LOVES these muffins. I plan to make many more (for myself) For the first batch, I ate so many. I couldn’t put them down. LOVE LOVE LOVE your recipes! More fall recipes please <3
I made these today & they’re so good! I got 12 (pretty big!) muffins out of the batch and I topped half of them with pumpkin seeds 🙂
i made these in mini muffin tins and they turned out delicious!! i also made a cream cheeze frosting for them with vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, and some powdered sugar. Definitely making these again throughout the season.
I’ve made this muffins twice now because there are incredibly addicting! My family and friends love it. Simple and delicious. I topped mine with pecans!
Amazingggg recipe! I made these with 1 cup white flour and 3/4 spelt flour (to increase nutrition value) and they were incredible. I also dont have cream cheese on hand a lot, so you can easily make a very similar recipe with vegan butter/splash milk/icing sugar and a dash of AC vinegar and it’s shockingly resembling of cream cheese icing. Major fan, thanks for these Liv!
With love, from Halifax xo
Can you use something besides vegetable oil, like coconut oil?