Pumpkin spice muffins made even more autumn with the addition of apple! I love how fluffy these are and the nuts on top provide the perfect little crunch.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 chopped nuts for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, non-dairy milk, oil and apple sauce and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and stir to form a batter.
- Line 9 muffin cups with paper liners and divide batter evenly into the muffin cups. Sprinkle chopped nuts overtop if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with a few crumbs.