It’s been the most grey, rainy day but this pasta makes it so much better! I love how creamy this pasta is- all thanks to the pumpkin puree which is rich in fibre and vitamins. Not only does this pasta taste amazing, but it will make you feel amazing as well.
PS: for more delicious pasta recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo
A creamy pumpkin alfredo that is dairy-free and vegan- but you would never know just by tasting it!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- 300 g dry fettuccini pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 400 ml (1 can) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 – 1 tsp (to taste)
- ground black pepper to taste
- handful of spinach (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pot over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil and add the garlic, carrots and red bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until carrots are softened.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin, coconut yogurt, lemon juice, maple syrup, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the spinach, green peas and drained pasta and stir to combine. Cook until spinach is wilted, then serve.