Today we are making a super tasty vegan cornbread recipe with an easy gluten-free option! Do you guys like cornbread? I was always skeptical to try and make it myself but it is so easy and SO delicious! ♡ PS: for more easy and delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Fluffy cornbread that’s vegan (and an option for gluten-free!) that’s perfect for dipping in chilli or served alongside tofu scramble.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or buckwheat flour if you’re gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (use a full 1 tsp if making the gluten-free option)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp egg replacer (or chia seeds/ground flax seeds) + 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- Stir together the non-dairy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add melted vegan butter, vegan egg, and non-dairy milk mixture. Stir until it becomes a batter.
- Pour into a parchment-lined 8×8 baking pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool then slice and enjoy!