This sweet potato and chickpea stew is made of simple ingredients that you can find either in your pantry or your local grocery store. Hope you enjoy! Tip: definitely make my cornbread recipe to go with it.
♡ PS: for more easy and delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
A hearty sweet potato and chickpea stew that will keep you warm all winter!
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- pinch of salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven for 400 F.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes, oil, paprika and salt to a baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- To a pot on medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic and cook 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, chili flakes and chickpeas and simmer until the sweet potato is done. Remove sweet potato from the oven, stir and cook another 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, add the sweet potato to the pot with the spinach and cook a few minutes until wilted.
Goes really well with my fluffy vegan cornbread!