Let the holiday recipes commence! These vegan eggnog cinnamon rolls will knock your socks (stockings?) off. If you want to make these cinnamon rolls without the eggnog, simply replace it with any non-dairy milk of your choice. My favourite is almond or soy!
PS. ♡ When you pre-order my new cookbook you get a FREE bonus ebook with 10 exclusive recipes sent to you right away!Print
I love this recipe for fluffy vegan cinnamon rolls with a hint of eggnog. They are perfect for the holidays, but you can enjoy them all year (and substitute the eggnog for any non-dairy milk).
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup vegan eggnog (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 packet quick rise yeast
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (or cane sugar works too)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan eggnog
- Melt the vegan butter and eggnog in a pot on medium heat until it is steaming and melted but not boiling.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and evenly sprinkle the yeast over top. Set a timer for 10 minutes and let it sit without touching it.
- Add the sugar and stir to break it up. Add the flour in 3 parts, stirring to form a soft dough ball. When it gets too hard to mix with a spoon, use your hands to incorporate it and knead for about 30 seconds. Don’t knead too much or it will get tough and not as fluffy.
- Wash your bowl and spray with a bit of cooking spray, then add the dough back into the bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Set a time for 1 hour and leave it on your counter to rise.
- To make the filling, use a hand mixer to beat the butter, sugar and spices until light and fluffy.
- When the hour is up, preheat the oven to 375 F. Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it into a long rectangle with a rolling pin. Spread the filling evenly over the dough. Starting with the side closest to you, start rolling the dough from bottom to top (like shown in the video).
- Slice into 9 pieces and place in a 9-x-9 square baking pan. Bake 26-28 minutes until golden brown.
- While it bakes, stir together the powered sugar and eggnog to make a frosting. Pour over finished cinnamon rolls immediately and enjoy!