You don’t have to be vegan or gluten-free to enjoy these crispy gingersnap cookies! They pair perfectly with a cup of tea and make an amazing holiday-inspired ice-cream sandwich with some vanilla ice-cream slathered in between (see photos below for ice-cream sandwich inspo!)
This recipe is a collab with Caitlin Shoemaker (who created another awesome cookie recipe which you can watch here! ♡)Print
Vegan Gingersnap Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, brown rice flour, spices and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat together vegan butter, brown sugar and molasses until list and fluffy.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet in 2 parts, stirring to form a dough.
- Roll 1 tbsp of dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes until golden brown.
- Let sit a minute or two before placing cookies on a wire rack to cool.
I love these cookies with some vanilla cashew milk ice-cream sandwiched in between. Normally I wouldn’t eat ice-cream sandwiches in the winter but the spiced flavour of this version is irresistible and perfect for the holidays!
♡ PS: for more easy and delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!