Creamy, dreamy oats cooked in almond milk with a hint of cinnamon, topped with a homemade berry chia jam and a scoop of chocolate hazelnut butter. Basically, it’s what breakfast dreams are made of.
♡ PS: for more easy and delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Almond Milk Oatmeal with Berries & Chocolate
Oats cooked in almond milk until creamy, topped with a chia jam and scoop of chocolate hazelnut butter.
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 1 cup frozen mixed small berries (like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup or sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter:
- I use the brand Nutiva, but if you want to make your own, here is a highly rated recipe!
*Note: if you’re making your own chocolate hazelnut butter, do that first and then move on to these steps.
- To a small pot on the stove, add the frozen berries, water, chia seeds and maple syrup. Heat on medium/high, stirring frequently, until berries are melted and it starts to simmer. Remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken. It will be a slightly runny consistency, which I love for putting on oatmeal. But if you want it thicker just add more chia seeds!
- Meanwhile, to another pot, add oats, almond milk and cinnamon and stir. Heat on medium, stirring frequently, until milk is absorbed and oats are thick and creamy.
- Add oats to a bowl, along with chia jam and a scoop of chocolate hazelnut butter. Enjoy right away!
Keywords: oatmeal, chia, almond milk, vegan