Since its January, I wanted to make a nice green recipe packed with nutrients – BUT it’s also super cold here so instead of making a salad, I thought why not make a super green pasta instead!
♡ PS: for more delicious, healthy, easy recipes check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
The tastiest way to pack a ton of green veggies into your day!
- 2 cups dry pasta
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups spinach
- vegan parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add back into pot.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion, 1/2 the chopped zucchini and 1/2 of the frozen peas. Cook a few minutes until onion becomes translucent, then set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add the frying pan back to the heat with 1 tbsp oil, minced garlic and the rest of the zucchini and frozen peas. Cook a few minutes until garlic is fragrant and just starting to brown.
- Add coconut milk, basil, salt, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and spinach and simmer for 3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Pour into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the reserved vegetables to the pasta pot, followed by the sauce. Stir until combined. Serve with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese.