O

One-Bowl Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

This recipe is a vegan version of one of my childhood favourites: Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.

Muffins are the best. They’re a great snack, and can be made in advance + frozen for later if need be. These chocolate chip banana muffins are super easy to make, only require one bowl and taste amazing!

PS: For more amazing vegan dessert recipes, check out my cookbook!

One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

• 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup (or more) dairy-free chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Mix the ground flax seed and water together and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  2. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
  3. Add the vegan butter, sugar, almond milk and ground flax mixture and stir well to combine.
  4. Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and stir well to form a thick batter. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
  5. Line a muffin tin with muffin papers. Scoop the batter to fill each cup (you should have enough for 12 muffins).
  6. Bake for 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing from muffin tin.

Banana Choc Chip Muffins recipe

CategoriesSweets
  1. Caroline says:

Perfect timing with this recipe Liv, I was just looking for something to do with my over-ripe bananas! I added walnuts along with the chocolate chips and they came out great!

2. Carlotta Schenkel says:

I made this recipe using blueberries instead of chocolate chips and it was amazing? my whole family loved the muffins so I’ll defenetly make them again. By the way, I love the wa you make your videos and how easy and delicious your recipes are❤️
    Lots of love from Germany,
    Carlotta?❤️

3. Cadence Cisneros says:

These were easy to make and even easier to eat! Also approved by my family who are always very skeptical about vegan food.

4. Cara says:

I made this recipe for my birthday a few days ago. I don’t consume added sugar or much gluten so I used gluten free flour, a stevia sugar substitute, and vanilla extract for more flavor. I had to use a little bit of extra unsweetened vanilla almond milk because, the flour that I used was on the thicker side. These muffins turned out really well with my adjustments. I highly recommend ????✨

5. Kelly says:

amazing! My family are all not vegan and turn their noses up at my food (even though it has been four years!). Since trying it a week ago, they have finished off and requested new batches three times. I love a lot of your recipes but this is my favourite (so far)

6. Belén says:

I loved it and my friends and family too! I’ve never been a banana fan, actually I don’t like them. But I trully enjoyed these, I made them for a vegan friend and ended liking it too. ?

7. Belén says:

My family and friends loved these! I made them for a vegan friend, I’ve never liked bananas, still don’t, but I ended up liking these muffins? They are delicious

8. Shyneace says:

Hello! These muffins look so delicious, I’ll be making them asap! I had a question about the flour choice – would it be okay to use almond flour or should I use all purpose flour?
    Thank you for your lovely recipes! They make vegan cooking so fun, easy, and afforable. 🙂

1. Liv B says:

I haven’t tried it with almond so I couldn’t guarantee the result- I would stick with all purpose, at least for the first time. And then experiment after that!

9. Maddie says:

Easy and delicious! I substituted the flax egg for applesauce and it works great. People don’t realize they are vegan!