This recipe is a vegan version of one of my childhood favourites: Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
Muffins are the best. They’re a great snack, and can be made in advance + frozen for later if need be. These chocolate chip banana muffins are super easy to make, only require one bowl and taste amazing!
PS: For more amazing vegan dessert recipes, check out my cookbook!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (or more) dairy-free chocolate chips
- Mix the ground flax seed and water together and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add the vegan butter, sugar, almond milk and ground flax mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and stir well to form a thick batter. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin papers. Scoop the batter to fill each cup (you should have enough for 12 muffins).
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing from muffin tin.