Today’s recipe is something I have wanted to try making for a long time: Vegan Buffalo Chick’n Mac & Cheese.
With no potatoes, no cashews and no blending required, this delicious recipe has the added spiciness of buffalo chick’n chunks.
An amazing dish to bring to any party or gathering where you want to really WOW people.
Ps: for more drool-worthy recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
I had been wanting to try this for so long…and it was worth the wait. VEGAN BUFFALO CHICK’N MAC & CHEESE!!! Wow. It is amazing. So cheesy. So spicy. The perfect comfort food AND amazing for parties and serving to people who claim they don’t like vegan food. Trust me- they’ll love it!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (if you really like garlic add 1/2 tsp)
- 1 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp buffalo or hot sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- pepper to taste
Buffalo Chick’n Ingredients:
- 1/2 batch of tofu nuggets OR 6 oz. store-bought vegan chick’n strips
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/4 cup (or less if you aren’t into super spicy food) buffalo hot sauce
- Prepare the tofu nuggets according to recipe. If using store-bought chick’n, bake according to package directions, then chop into bite-size pieces and add to a mixing bowl. Drizzle the bbq sauce and buffalo sauce overtop and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, to a large/medium pot, add macaroni, water, dijon, salt and garlic powder and stir well. Bring to a light boil, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick. Cook until liquid is mostly absorbed and pasta is cooked.
- Stir together the almond milk, nutritional yeast, tahini, buffalo sauce and lemon juice until combined.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the sauce, vegan cheese and pepper and stir until cheese melts.
- Add the mac & cheese to a baking dish, top with the buffalo chick’n chunks and stir. Top with breadcrumbs for a crispy top. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes on broil until top is golden and mac & cheese is bubbling.