The rich sauce is created with sweet potato, coconut milk, and savoury flavours like tahini and nutritional yeast. The chunky vegetables mixed in add amazing texture, and the crispy breadcrumb topping is to die for!
- 3 cups dry fusilli (use gluten-free pasta if needed)
- 1 tsp italian herbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs for topping (omit or use gluten-free breadcrumbs if needed)
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop a sweet potato. Boil until fork-tender. Drain and run under cold water in a strainer to cool it down.
- Meanwhile, to a frying pan on medium heat, add oil, mushrooms, red pepper and green onion for 4-5 minutes until softened and browned.
- To a blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Add ¼ water if your coconut milk is super thick.
- Add pasta, veggies, herbs, paprika and sauce to a 9×13 rectangle baking dish. Stir until combined. Top with breadcrumbs and place in oven on broil until top is golden brown. Serve.