This Spicy Almond Butter Bowl will soon be your new favourite way to eat veggies.
PS: for more delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- optional: sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 heaping tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp orange juice or lime juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Cook rice according to package directions, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil, bell pepper, mushroom, kale and onions.
- Cook until kale is wilted and mushrooms are browned.
- Stir together sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Divide rice into bowls, top with veggies and drizzle the sauce overtop. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.