This Toasted Cashew Veggie Bowl is one of my favourite ways to eat stir fry.
PS: for more delicious recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Toasted Cashew Veggie Bowl
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (or use roasted cashews and skip step 2)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup snow peas, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 cup rice
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- + a few tbsp water to thin it out if needed
- Cook rice according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a frying pan or pot on medium heat and add the cashews. Toast a few minutes, stirring frequently until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the other 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan along with the cabbage, red bell pepper, carrot and snow peas.
- Cook a few minutes until vegetables are softened and cabbage is wilted.
- Add the cooked rice, sesame oil and sriracha and stir to combine.
- Stir together the sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Divide rice & veggies into bowls, top with sauce & cashews.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
I left a comment about this recipe on YouTube a while back but wanted to add it here, too. I LOVE this recipe. I used slightly different veggies and subbed key lime juice for lemon but otherwise made as written. It’s such a balanced lunch – left me feeling so satisfied. I think I might need to buy your cookbook!