Today I am sharing a recipe for my super fluffy protein pancakes!
Have you ever tried to make protein pancakes but ended up disappointed at the dense, chewy texture or gritty plain flavour? Don’t fear – these pancakes are just like regular, fluffy, diner-style chocolate chip pancakes but with added protein!
The protein powder I used in this recipe is a sweetened and vanilla-flavour protein powder from Organifi. This protein powder is by far my favourite, and it’s also the only one I have used to make these pancakes. Due to the sweetness and vanilla flavour I did not include sugar in the pancake recipe. However, if your protein powder is unsweetened, I would suggest adding some sugar or sweetener to the batter! If you want to try out the one I use, click this link and use the code “LIVB” for $20 off your first order from Organifi.
PS: for more delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Vegan Fluffy Protein Pancakes
Disclaimer: not all protein powders are created equal, and some are far better in taste and texture than others. If you try out this recipe and don’t like it, consider trying a different flavour and brand of protein powder!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 pancakes 1x
- 1–1/4 cups non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla protein powder (I use this one)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Handful of dairy-free chocolate chips
- Mix together the non-dairy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the milk mixture and oil to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (it’s okay to have some lumps- see my batter in the video below).
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the batter in pancake shapes. Add the chocolate chips if using. Allow the pancakes to cook a few minutes until the edges are cooked and some bubbles have risen to the surface and burst. Then, flip and cook another 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup.