Disclaimer: not all protein powders are created equal, and some are far better in taste and texture than others. If you try out this recipe and don’t like it, consider trying a different flavour and brand of protein powder!
- 1-1/4 cups non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla protein powder (I use this one)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Handful of dairy-free chocolate chips
- Mix together the non-dairy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the milk mixture and oil to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (it’s okay to have some lumps- see my batter in the video below).
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the batter in pancake shapes. Add the chocolate chips if using. Allow the pancakes to cook a few minutes until the edges are cooked and some bubbles have risen to the surface and burst. Then, flip and cook another 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup.