I use essential oils in many areas of my life. My favourite way is to diffuse them around my house with an ultrasonic diffuser (see more on that below). However, there are also tons of very practical, everyday uses for specific oils that you may not have heard of. So let’s dive in!
Please note: this post was kindly sponsored by Lotus Aroma (my favourite brand of essential oils! What a dream!). I stand behind their quality 100% and highly recommend them. They are reasonably priced (starting at $12 CAD) and easy to find at Shoppers Drug Mart or specialty wellness stores. Also- I love that they are Canadian…just like me!
- Clary Sage + Bergamot.Okay I cheated here and included two. But hear me out. These two oils together are MAGIC. I put equal drops of both into my diffuser and it produces the most heavenly smell. I find it makes me feel very grounded + creative. When I want to have more of a relaxing effect, say when I go to bed, I will add a few drops of lavender in there as well.
- Eucalyptus.The holy grail essential oil for showering! I kept seeing photos on Pinterest of people hanging fresh eucalyptus in their shower, which, when the steam starts swirling around, helps with sinus pain, congestion and breathing. Sadly, I searched around and couldn’t find any fresh eucalyptus. So, being the genius that I am, I got myself the essential oil version! I love to put a few drops in my hands, make sure the water is hot enough to produce some steam, and then I just bring my hands close to my face and inhale deeply. If you have any sort of sinus congestion at all, this really helps to open up the airways!
- Lemon.If you are like me and have a habit of buying individual funky dishes from a home goods store, you will know the frustration of trying to get price tag residue off your plates and bowls. I spent way too long scrubbing and scraping at it in warm soapy water until I discovered that pure lemon essential oil gets it off effortlessly! Add a few drops to a cloth or paper towel and rub it on the residue. It comes off with no pain or hassle! Bonus: it smells amazing.
- Mandarin.This oil is a little less common, but it has always been a favourite of mine. I used to take a Yin yoga class every Tuesday night and the teacher would give us a scented face cloth at the end of each class. She often used mandarin essential oil and it had the most calming, happy effect on me. It reminds me of summer and now I love adding it to scent-free body wash which makes your whole shower experience smell like a citrus dream.
- Grapefruit. By now its probably clear that I have a soft spot for citrus essential oils. But how can you not?! They are like happiness in a bottle. I use this in my diffuser on days when I want a little boost and I LOVE it when I do morning yoga too.
So there you have it! Hopefully this inspired you to try out some essential oils for yourself. I would love for you to comment below what your favourite oils are and how you like to use them! Don’t forget to check out Lotus Aroma if you are looking for some gorgeous, high quality essential oils and body care products.