Cinnamon loaf, the perfect pairing with a cup of hot or iced coffee! Spiced, fluffy and all around a perfect sweet treat!
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar + 2 tsp cinnamon (mixed in a separate small bowl)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine non-dairy milk and vinegar. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cane sugar, oil, vanilla extract and milk mixture. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to form a dough.
- Grease a loaf tin (or if you want to use parchment paper, it is easier to remove the loaf afterwards). Spread half of the dough into the bottom, using wet or greased fingers so it doesn’t stick to you. Sprinkle on the brown sugar + cinnamon mixture. Then add the rest of the dough on top and spread with greased fingers until smooth (see video for demo).
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the vegan butter and use a fork to cut and mix it until the mixture is crumbly. Pour on top of the loaf, pressing down slightly to make it stick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 42-45 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean or with a crumb or two attached.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and slicing.