PS: for more delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook.Print
This bowl has it all: salty-sweet noodles, crispy soy chick’n and a creamy mango avocado salsa.
Mango Avocado Salsa:
- 1 ripe mango, small dice
- 1 ripe avocado, small dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp lime or orange juice
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 soy chick’n fingers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 servings spaghetti noodles
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp sriracha
- Prepare the salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Boil the noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the chick’n in the oil on medium heat, about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown on both sides. Add the garlic and cook a minute, until starting to brown.
- Add the soy sauce, water, maple syrup or brown sugar and sriracha. Stir to combine, then add in the noodles and stir to coat.
- Once noodles are coated and hot, divide into bowls and top with a few spoonfuls of salsa.
Tip: if you have leftover salsa, you can put it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. You might want to add some lemon juice or more lime juice to keep it from getting too brown. Alternatively, you can make a half batch so you don’t have leftovers.