PS: for more delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
Taco Power Bowl
All the goodness of tacos without the mess! This bowl has it all, plant protein, amazing flavour and a gooey cheese sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 bowls 1x
- 1/2 cup white or brown rice
- 1 veggie burger patty
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- greens (optional)
- 2 heaping tbsp guacamole (optional)
- handful of corn chips (optional)
- 1 batch cheese sauce (see below)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews *
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan nacho cheese seasoning or 1/4 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder and chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small pot and heat on medium, stirring frequently until sauce starts to thicken. It should be a thick but pourable consistency.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook veggie burger patty according to package. Once cooked, chop or blitz in a food processor until crumbly.
- Cook the bell peppers and onions in some oil in a frying pan on medium heat. I like to cook them in the same pan as my burger. Once cooked, chop or blitz in a food processor until crumbly.
- Assemble each bowl by dividing all the ingredients in half between the two bowls. Then, pour the cheese sauce overtop. Add some guacamole and corn chips if desired (but its recommended).
*If you do not have a high speed blender, boil the cashews for 10 minutes before blending.