These berry crumble bars are an amazing way to use up any fresh berries or fruit you have lying around! Feel free to experiment with different combinations of flavours!
- 1-½ cups flour
- 1-½ cups oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 2 cups mixed berries (if using large berries like strawberries, make sure to chop them up)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- vegan white chocolate (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Add melted vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture. Firmly press the rest of the mixture into a parchment paper-lined square baking pan.
- Add mixed berries on top in an even layer and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, orange juice and corn starch.
- Add the reserved crumble mixture on top. Press down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes until top is golden brown. Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing and devouring.
- As an optional step, melt some vegan white chocolate and drizzle it overtop before serving.