Today I am sharing a recipe for one of my favourite vegan summer desserts: Mixed Berry Cobbler! This recipe is easy and uses ingredients you may even have in your kitchen already! I hope you love it as much as I do.
For more delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
Mixed Berry Cobbler
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6 servings
This is a recipe for one of my favourite summer desserts: Mixed Berry Cobbler! This recipe is easy and uses ingredients you may even have in your kitchen already!
- 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cold vegan butter
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 600 g (about 4 cups) frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the vegan butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Pour in the nondairy milk and stir to form a dough.
- If using fresh berries, skip this step. If using frozen, place berries in a mesh strainer and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear (watch video below for demo).
- Combine the berries, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. Scatter pea-size pieces of the vegan butter evenly overtop.
- Use a small spoon or your hands to drop clumps of batter over the berries until they are completely covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm, with coconut whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
I just made this but I doubled the amount of the topping and put half of it on the bottom and holy crap when I ate it like 20 minutes ago it felt like I was in heaven. 10/10 recommend and it’s perfect for fall time. I might even make it for thanks giving and let my family try it out!!!!!
I am not a real baker, but I wanted to make something for a friend who is vegan. I should have looked at the previous reviews. I agree that some type of thickening should be added to the berries, they were a little runny. I used frozen berries and reduced the brown sugar a little too. Really yummy!
I made these in little silicon cupcake liners and they were DELISH!
Oh. My. Word. Liv – this is amazing! I cannot thank you enough for this recipe. This will be my go-to for all holiday events.
So good! My family ate it all last night. I used the toppings for 3x while still using the regular 1x scale because the crumble makes the cobbler!
I just made this with frozen fruit and the taste is excellent. However it was a little runny and I will add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the fruit next time. Definitely will make this again!
This was so easy and delicious 😋 thank you Liv!!