This is my new favourite dinner for rainy summer nights. It takes no time at all to whip together and it tastes so delicious! I also love that you can swap out the veggies or add different proteins to switch it up so you never get bored!
Ps: for more delicious & easy vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Red Curry Almond Butter Stir Fry
Spicy red curry meets creamy almond butter in this super easy stir fry!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 package (about 150g) rice noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup chopped baby bok choy
- 3 king oyster mushrooms, shredded (optional)
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or sub another nut/seed butter)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1–2 tsp sriracha (more if you like it really spicy)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- Add the rice noodles to a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients except the nondairy milk, until smooth and creamy.
- Meanwhile, fry the mushrooms, peppers and bok choy in a medium frying pan on medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- Add the noodles and kale to the pan and stir until kale is wilted.
- Add the almond butter sauce and nondairy milk and stir until noodles are coated. Serve.
- Optional: serve with green onion, sesame seeds, more lime juice and bean sprouts.