Spicy red curry meets creamy almond butter in this super easy stir fry!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 package (about 150g) rice noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup chopped baby bok choy
- 3 king oyster mushrooms, shredded (optional)
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or sub another nut/seed butter)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 tsp sriracha (more if you like it really spicy)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- Add the rice noodles to a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients except the nondairy milk, until smooth and creamy.
- Meanwhile, fry the mushrooms, peppers and bok choy in a medium frying pan on medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- Add the noodles and kale to the pan and stir until kale is wilted.
- Add the almond butter sauce and nondairy milk and stir until noodles are coated. Serve.
- Optional: serve with green onion, sesame seeds, more lime juice and bean sprouts.