A cozy, pumpkin-infused potato chowder that feels like a warm belly hug.
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 medium potatoes, chopped (I like red skin potatoes)
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I use canned)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the oil, onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, veggie broth, thyme, sage, salt and pepper. If you are using low sodium broth, start with about 1/2 tsp salt. If your broth already has a lot of salt, wait and add salt at the end. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium/low and cover. Simmer about 8 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add the pumpkin and coconut milk and stir to combine. Simmer a few more minutes, add any extra salt and pepper you want, then serve.