I saw a leaf hit the ground and ran to my kitchen to make something pumpkin. This is the result: creamy, dreamy, one pot pumpkin mac & cheese! Dairy-free, easy, and oh-so-fall. PS: Don’t forget to check out my new ebook with 16 vegan sauce recipes for everyday cooking!Print
One-Pot Vegan Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
Creamy, dreamy, one pot pumpkin mac & cheese! Dairy-free, easy, perfectly pumpkin-y and oh-so-fall.
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 cups macaroni
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (if you really like garlic add 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- pepper to taste
- To a large/medium pot, add macaroni, water, dijon, salt and garlic powder and stir well. Bring to a light boil, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick. Cook until liquid is almost fully absorbed and pasta is cooked.
- Add the pureed pumpkin, tahini, nutritional yeast, sage, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vegan cheese and pepper and stir until cheese melts. Enjoy!