This Chilli Cheese Pasta is comforting, filling and totally vegan! You can easily switch up the beans, veggies and pasta shapes so you’ll never get bored with this super easy one-pot recipe.
PS: If you’re looking for other delicious pasta recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
Chilli Cheese Pasta (one pot!)
All the fibre, protein and flavour of chilli mixed with the comfort food feel of pasta. The best of both worlds!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp dried coriander
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 28 oz can crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 cup vegan soy ground beef
- 14 oz can lentils, red kidney beans or other desired beans, drained
- 1–1/2 cups vegan beef broth or veggie broth
- 250 g dry macaroni pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add spices, tomatoes,vegan beef, beans, lentils, broth and macaroni. Stir, bring to simmer, cover and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until the macaroni is cooked.
- Stir in half of the cheese shreds. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining cheese, put the lid back on and let cheese melt.