This Chilli Cheese Pasta is comforting, filling and totally vegan! You can easily switch up the beans, veggies and pasta shapes so you’ll never get bored with this super easy one-pot recipe.
PS: If you’re looking for other delicious pasta recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
Chilli Cheese Pasta (one pot!)
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings
All the fibre, protein and flavour of chilli mixed with the comfort food feel of pasta. The best of both worlds!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp dried coriander
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 28 oz can crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 cup vegan soy ground beef
- 14 oz can lentils, red kidney beans or other desired beans, drained
- 1–1/2 cups vegan beef broth or veggie broth
- 250 g dry macaroni pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add spices, tomatoes,vegan beef, beans, lentils, broth and macaroni. Stir, bring to simmer, cover and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until the macaroni is cooked.
- Stir in half of the cheese shreds. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining cheese, put the lid back on and let cheese melt.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Oh my goodness Liv, I just made this recipe and it is SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS! The best thing: its sooo easy! I will definitely be adding this to my list of fav recipes <3 Thanks for sharing!
So yum!!! Great recipe, a crowd pleaser!
Made this for my kids and it was a hit! We used a blend of chickpea & lentil pasta which they usually complain about but bec of the flavors and textures they actually liked the pasta!
I’ve made several of your recipes and my kids always like them. Thank you for making plant based cooking easier when cooking for a wide variety of preferences.
Delicious I made this for me and my friend who’s a vegetarian and we both loved it. I had to add nooch but wow such flavour.
My mom and I just gobbled this goodness for dinner. Total hit! I garnished it with sliced green onions and some leftover cashew sour cream (from Hot for Food blog, also yum). Perfect fall meal! Will be having it again. Thank you for another easy, inexpensive, and delicious recipe 😀
I made it today and it was sooo good!! Thank you again for your amazing recipes <3
I absolutely love this recipe! I cooked it so many times, and it’s always great, even with slight changes using what I have at home. It’s my favorite go to dinner, when I need a quick delicious dinner, which is still nutritious and not just junk food. Works great with whole wheat/spelt pasta too!
I am so happy you enjoy it!