All the fibre, protein and flavour of chilli mixed with the comfort food feel of pasta. The best of both worlds!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp dried coriander
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 28 oz can crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 cup vegan soy ground beef
- 14 oz can lentils, red kidney beans or other desired beans, drained
- 1–1/2 cups vegan beef broth or veggie broth
- 250 g dry macaroni pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add spices, tomatoes,vegan beef, beans, lentils, broth and macaroni. Stir, bring to simmer, cover and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until the macaroni is cooked.
- Stir in half of the cheese shreds. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining cheese, put the lid back on and let cheese melt.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins