Pumpkin spice and everything nice… that’s how I describe these cinnamon rolls! Get in the fall mood and make yourself a pan of these sweet and gooey buns ASAP.
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Yield: 9
Vegan cinnamon rolls with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice! Buttery, warm, gooey AND dairy-free!
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 packet quick rise yeast
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup puréed pumpkin
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk or water
- Melt the vegan butter in a pot on medium heat, then add 1/4 cup pumpkin puree and the milk and heat until it is steaming but not boiling.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and evenly sprinkle the packet of yeast over top. Set a timer for 10 minutes and let it sit without touching it.
- Add the sugar and stir gently to break it up.
- Add the flour in 3 parts, stirring to form a soft dough ball. When it gets too hard to mix with a spoon, use your hands to incorporate it and knead for about 30 seconds. Don’t knead too much or it will get tough and not as fluffy.
- Wash your bowl and spray with a bit of cooking spray, then add the dough back into the bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or dish towel. Set a timer for 1 hour and leave it on your counter to rise.
- When the hour is up, preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it into a long rectangle with a rolling pin. Spread the vegan butter and pumpkin puree evenly over the dough. Sprinkle on the sugar and spices. (alternatively, you can mix together the vegan butter, pumpkin sugar and spices and spread that combined mixture on the dough!)
- Starting with the side closest to you, roll the dough from bottom to top (like shown in the video).
- Slice into 9 pieces and place in a 9-x-9 square baking pan. Bake 26-28 minutes until golden brown.
- While it bakes, stir together the powered sugar and nondairy milk to make a frosting. Pour over finished cinnamon rolls immediately and enjoy!
Can I use oat flour instead all purpose flour?
Nailed it. xD
Buy very delicious, thanks for the recipe!
Making these today for a thanksgiving desert! I’m so excited. Especially since your a fellow Haligonian!
It was delicious! I let the cinnamon rolls rise an extra 30 minutes after slicing and they filled out my pie pan perfectly. The texture was amazing- so soft and fluffy! I might go with a little extra pumpkin in the filling text time, just to boost the pumpkiny-ness a little more, but these are probably perfect amount of pumpkin flavor for your average person.
Can you freeze it the dough a couple of days before and then bake it?
Crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside!