Vegan pumpkin loaf with a crispy, buttery, cinnamon packed streusel topping! Don’t settle for an over-priced boring slice of pumpkin bread from Starbucks when you can make a whole loaf yourself that is plant-based, and way more delicious!
Vegan Pumpkin Loaf with Streusel Topping
A delicious, dairy-free, vegan, pumpkin loaf with streusel topping. A delicious way to use up canned pumpkin and spoil your family and friends! This loaf makes a delicious breakfast or snack with a cup of coffee.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1–3/4 cups flour (all purpose or whole wheat work best)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil or melted vegan butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1–2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil/melted butter, pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk and molasses. Stir to combine.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine streusel topping ingredients and use a fork or two butter knives to cut it until it makes a crumbly mixture.
- Add streusel crumbles on top of loaf in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 mins or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and slicing.