Delicious, hearty almond butter and oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips! I love how easy and quick these are to make! My new favourite cookie recipe when I want something *slightly* more nutritious. However, my go-to for classic chocolate chip cookies can be found here, double chocolate cookies here, and sugar cookies here!
PS: for more delicious vegan sweets recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chips
Delicious, hearty almond butter and oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips. A crispy cookie with slightly chewy center.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: approx. 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (or more if your almond butter is unsalted)
- 2/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, almond butter and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add nondairy milk and stir to combine.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined into a thick dough. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form 1-1/2 tbsp size balls and space evenly on a baking tray, leaving room to spread.
- Bake 10 minutes until golden brown on top. Allow to cool a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.