It’s cold outside, and that means I want something comforting and warm ASAP. This hearty vegan sausage soup is pure comfort food bliss, and made in just ONE pot!Print
Hearty Vegan Sausage Soup
It’s cold outside, and that means I want something comforting and warm ASAP. This hearty vegan sausage soup is pure comfort food bliss, and made in just ONE pot!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups crumbled vegan Italian sausage (I use the brand Field Roast)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 350 g short pasta of choice
- 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup washed and chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium heat, add oil, onion and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Add bell pepper and sausage and cook another 4-5 minutes until peppers soften.
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, pasta and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and bring to a low simmer, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Every type of pasta takes different amounts of time, so check the package for how long yours will need.
- Once pasta is cooked, add kale and cheese and stir to combine. Once the cheese is melted, taste it and add salt & pepper to taste. Serve.