Curry is my go-to cozy fall/winter dish, and this one is my favourite recipe yet! I love adding sweetness to my savoury dishes and in this curry we achieve that with these gorgeous persiMon® from Spain!
1. In a pot on medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes until onion becomes translucent. Add garlic, bell pepper, carrot and persiMon®. Cook about 4-5 minutes until the vegetables soften slightly.
2. Add the other 1 tbsp olive oil, fennel seed, cumin seed, ground coriander, curry powder and stir to combine. Add coconut milk, vegetable broth and lentils.
3. Cover and bring to a low simmer over medium/low heat. Cook, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes, until lentils are cooked.
4. Once lentils are cooked, add salt and lemon juice and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
5. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Recommended to serve over rice and vegan Naan bread.
To learn more about persiMon® from Spain visit: www.persimoncanada.com
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.