This is a vegan version of a recipe my dad always made for us as kids! I like making my own meatballs out of the Lightlife Plant-Based Ground, but you can also use pre-made if you rather!Print
Sweet & Sour Meatballs (2 ingredient sauce!)
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Vegan sweet & sour meatballs. The sauce is just two ingredients!
- 1 package Lightlife Plant-Based Ground
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 455 mL chilli sauce (not spicy… it’s the kind that you use IN chilli. See video for reference)
- 3/4 cup grape jam/jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegan ground “beef”, breadcrumbs and spices. Stir to combine.
- Using your hands, form 1-2 tbsp size meatballs.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, fry a few minutes per side until meatballs are brown all over.
- Add chilli sauce and grape jam to the pan. Stir to combine and let simmer on low for 10-15 minuets. Add salt & pepper if desired. If too acidic, add a bit more jam.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Hey Liv! How can I get the chilli sauce here in the US?
Could you use a can of chopped tomatoes for the chilli sauce?
Can you bake the meatballs too?
This recipe was so easy, tasty, and different!
This recipe was so easy and fun to make! I love the sweet & sour sauce. I will definitely be making this again.
PS I can’t seem to click the stars on this website but I give it 5/5 stars 🙂