This is a vegan version of a recipe my dad always made for us as kids! I like making my own meatballs out of the Lightlife Plant-Based Ground, but you can also use pre-made if you rather!Print
Sweet & Sour Meatballs (2 ingredient sauce!)
Vegan sweet & sour meatballs. The sauce is just two ingredients!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package Lightlife Plant-Based Ground
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 455 mL chilli sauce (not spicy… it’s the kind that you use IN chilli. See video for reference)
- 3/4 cup grape jam/jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegan ground “beef”, breadcrumbs and spices. Stir to combine.
- Using your hands, form 1-2 tbsp size meatballs.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, fry a few minutes per side until meatballs are brown all over.
- Add chilli sauce and grape jam to the pan. Stir to combine and let simmer on low for 10-15 minuets. Add salt & pepper if desired. If too acidic, add a bit more jam.