This tomato soup can be as simple as 4 ingredients, but I like to add a little extra with some dried or fresh basil! Feel free to amp up the soup however you like, but I also recommend trying the super simple version because it is shockingly delightful!
Easiest Ever Homemade Tomato Soup
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2-3 servings
The easiest tomato soup you will ever make!
- 1/2 an onion, quartered
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 28 oz. diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Add the vegan butter to a pot on medium heat and let it melt. Add the onion, tomatoes, water, salt and basil and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 30-40 minutes.
- Blend until smooth. TIP: take the little middle cover out of the blender lid so there is an opening for steam to escape. I like to cover the hole lightly with a dish towel and blend on low so nothing splatters or explodes!
- That’s it! Serve hot and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
It was really good!! But I grilled the onions and hadded some garlic. And I also added oregano. For sure I’m going to make this recipe again. 😀
If I didn’t want to use butter what would be a good substitute for it?
I’ve made it a few time now, it’s a delicious basic soup. I saute the onions to bring out more flavour and add 1 or 2 garlic cloves also I’ve added parsley and nutritional yeast. Thanks for the recipe!
Being an it’s my kitchen ‘chef’ I decided to make a tomato soup from some discount Roma tomatoes and not knowing any better just cooked down the tomatoes with nothing added, so I don’t know if my attempt can be called a soup but it was fantastic. . Simple and easy