The most delicious chewy, fudgey, chocolatey brownies made with all-natural almond butter!Print
Almond Butter Fudge Brownies
The most delicious chewy, fudgey, chocolatey brownies made with all-natural almond butter!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 9-12 brownies 1x
- 1 cup almond butter (the natural, runny kind works best!)
- 3/4 cup sugar of choice (cane, coconut, brown all work)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (unless your almond butter is salted, then do 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 square baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter and sugar and beat until combined. Add almond milk, applesauce and vanilla and combine until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and fold in until combined.
- Spoon batter into parchment-lined pan. It is very thick, so have a bit of patience here! Spread with a spatula or use oiled fingers to press batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 44-48 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies (not into a melted chocolate chip) comes out clean or with a few crumbs. It should be done at around 45 minutes but some ovens may need slightly more or less time.
- Allow to cool for a while before slicing (otherwise they will fall apart. If you enjoy eating gooey brownies straight out of the pan with a fork, don’t let me stop you!)
- Store in an airtight container (once fully cooled) for up to 3 days at room temp or 5 days in the fridge. I haven’t tried freezing them!