Shortbread cookies were always a holiday classic in my house growing up! We always made them for parties, snacking and of course to leave out on Christmas Eve for Santa. I hope you love this vegan version as much as I do! I swear they taste just like the ones we used to make when I was younger!Print
Vegan Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Vegan whipped shortbread cookies! Buttery, soft and perfectly sweet. I love having these with a cup of tea!
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened (or margarine like Becel)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, corn starch and half of the flour and whip until light and fluffy. Make sure to mix until it comes together into a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1-2 tbsp each, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Use a clean fork to press down each cookie to flatten them (see video below for reference).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Allow to cool on the cookie sheet slightly before placing on a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.