This queso dip was a hit at my Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings! The dish was always cleaned by the end of it, with people scraping out every last bit. I high recommend making this for people who claim they don’t like vegan food. They’ll be so surprised at how much they enjoy this dip!Print
Cheesy Chunky Queso Dip
A chunky, cheesy queso dip made with potatoes, carrots, cashews, and tons of other delicious things. You won’t believe its vegan!
- 3/4 cup almond milk, coconut milk or oat milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for minimum two hours if you don’t have a high-powered blender)
- 1/2 cup peeled/chopped carrots
- 1 cup peeled, chopped white potato
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
For The Dip:
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 package (about 150g) vegan meat/beef crumbles
- If soaking cashews, place the cashews in a bowl, add water until fully submerged and let sit at least 2 hours. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot, add carrot and potato and add water until it just covers them. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse until cold water for a minute until vegetables are cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender, combine all cheese sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cook the vegan meat/beef crumbles according to package directions.
- In a casserole dish, combine cheese sauce, salsa and vegan meat. Stir to combine. Bake for 15 minutes or until top becomes golden brown with a few cracks.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
This dip is great reheated! If you don’t finish it all, simply cover and store in the fridge up to 3-4 days. To reheat, bake at 350F for 10-15 mins or until heated through.
Made this as a snack for the week and it is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS. The perfect texture and flavor combo. Thank you!
so happy you enjoyed!!
Have you tried subbing lentils for the vegan beef? Going to make this on the weekend and am trying to avoid processed foods right now! Looks delicious!
I haven’t but I imagine it would be great!!
I just made this for lunch. OH MY WORD! This is delicious and the cheeze sauce will be my new go to. It is so creamy and cheezy. My husband put some of the sauce on his lunch baked potato and loved it.
I have made just the cheese sauce and with the meat. The cheese sauce is just the best vegan one I’ve ever had. I really recommend this and it always impresses guests with little work!