This queso dip was a hit at my Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings! The dish was always cleaned by the end of it, with people scraping out every last bit. I high recommend making this for people who claim they don’t like vegan food. They’ll be so surprised at how much they enjoy this dip!Print
Cheesy Chunky Queso Dip
A chunky, cheesy queso dip made with potatoes, carrots, cashews, and tons of other delicious things. You won’t believe its vegan!
- 3/4 cup almond milk, coconut milk or oat milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for minimum two hours if you don’t have a high-powered blender)
- 1/2 cup peeled/chopped carrots
- 1 cup peeled, chopped white potato
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
For The Dip:
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 package (about 150g) vegan meat/beef crumbles
- If soaking cashews, place the cashews in a bowl, add water until fully submerged and let sit at least 2 hours. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot, add carrot and potato and add water until it just covers them. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse until cold water for a minute until vegetables are cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender, combine all cheese sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cook the vegan meat/beef crumbles according to package directions.
- In a casserole dish, combine cheese sauce, salsa and vegan meat. Stir to combine. Bake for 15 minutes or until top becomes golden brown with a few cracks.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
This dip is great reheated! If you don’t finish it all, simply cover and store in the fridge up to 3-4 days. To reheat, bake at 350F for 10-15 mins or until heated through.