Are you looking for an easy, super fast and delicious dinner idea that’s also vegan-friendly? Look no further than this vegan creamy marinara instant pot pasta recipe! It’s the perfect comfort food, packed with flavour and nutrients, and it can be made in just a few simple steps in your instant pot or pressure cooker.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- dry pasta of your choice (I recommend penne, rotini or fusilli)
- marinara sauce
- coconut milk, vegan cream or other non-dairy milk of choice
- nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste (can also add some garlic powder or Italian seasoning if you like)
- cooked vegan ground beef, or lentils/beans of your choice
- optional: frozen peas or greens like spinach/kale or even fresh herbs like basil
- optional: vegan parmesan cheese
How to make this instant pot pasta:
The instructions could not be more simple. Here’s the easy 5 steps!
- Begin by adding the pasta, marinara sauce, water, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, vegan beef, and frozen peas (if using) to the Instant Pot. Stir everything together until the coconut milk is well mixed in.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual mode/ pressure cook and set the timer for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, quick release the steam.
- Once the pressure has been released, carefully remove the lid and stir the pasta well.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Add in any greens or herbs and stir until wilted.
- Serve the pasta in bowls and garnish with vegan parmesan cheese, if desired.
Super creamy and flavourful:
The coconut milk is the secret to the creaminess of this pasta dish. Coconut milk has a creamy and rich texture that mimics the creaminess of heavy cream, making it an excellent option for vegans or those with dairy sensitivities. The nutritional yeast adds a nutty, salty/cheesy flavour that complements the sweetness of the coconut milk.
Easy to make:
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and can be ready in around 15 minutes. The Instant Pot does all the work, cooking the pasta to perfection in just 5 minutes. You don’t even need to boil pasta and drain it! It absorbs the liquid in the instant pot and comes out the perfect al dente pasta texture every time. This means you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your delicious meal with family and friends. You can easily double the recipe to serve a larger group!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta that you prefer. You can use whole wheat pasta if you like. Just keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the shape and size of the pasta. I haven’t attempted with long shapes like spaghetti or fettuccine.
Is it possible to make this dish gluten-free?
You can use gluten-free pasta to make this dish gluten-free, however keep in mind many types of gluten-free pasta like brown rice pasta can easily become mushy, and if you haven’t used it in a similar recipe, you might be in for a surprise when you open the lid! I have not attempted it myself with gluten-free pasta. If you try it and have success, let us know in the comments below!
This vegan creamy marinara instant pot pasta recipe is the perfect meal for a quick and easy dinner that’s packed with flavour and nutrients. So, next time you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying vegan-friendly dinner idea, give this recipe a try and you’ll be sure to love it.