This recipe is from Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget! Grab the recipe and your copy of the book below!Print
Chocolate Mini Cakes
Recipe from my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget! The perfect dense, fudgey cakes that feel like a cross between a brownie and a decadent chocolate muffin!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Optional: powdered sugar and raspberries.
Note: I used two 10 oz ramekins in this video but the recipe calls for four 6 oz. ramekins. You can just adjust the baking time if needed! My larger cakes needed 36 minutes baking time.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add the nondairy milk, oil and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 4 ramekins. Bake in preheated oven for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each cake with powdered sugar and top with a few raspberries. Serve warm.