I fell in love with zucchini brownies at copper branch and wanted to try and make them myself! You all know I have been on a quest for the perfect vegan brownies for, well… a long time. These are one of my new fav recipes for sure!Print
Fudgy Zucchini Brownies
1–1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1–1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup finely shredded zucchini
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 can (14 oz) full fat coconut milk
2 cups dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease an 8×8 square baking pan or line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini mixture to dry ingredients and stir to form a thick dough. You may want to use your hands!
- Press into the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top. Bake 30 minutes, then remove from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a pot on medium heat, combine the coconut milk and chocolate chips until melted and combined smoothly. Remove from heat and let cool until brownies are completely cooled.
- Pour ganache overtop of brownies and smooth into a thin layer. You likely will need a bit more than half. Pu the rest in a container and use as chocolate sauce for ice-cream :).
- Place brownies in fridge and let set for about an hour. The ganache will be a sliceable consistency once it has set. Store brownies in fridge or they will become gooey and runny!