This recipe is brought to you by the NEW Daiya Cutting Board Collection vegan shreds! Want to try them? Use the product locator or learn more here!Print
This stuffed-crust pizza is reminiscent of my childhood pizza party days, except this one is entirely plant-based! Thanks to Daiya for sponsoring this video and recipe.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28 oz (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
For the Pizza:
- 2 bags Daiya Cutting Board Collection cheese shreds
- Your favourite pizza toppings (I did red onion and vegan pepperoni)
- In a bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a food processor fitted with the plastic blade, or in a stand mixer fitted with dough hook, or in a bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixer and mix until combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead a few times on a floured surface.
- Place in a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan on medium heat, add oil onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes until translucent. Add tomatoes and spices and stir to combine. Simmer about 10 minutes, then add to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Once ready to make the pizza, stretch the dough to fit a pan or pizza stone. Use parchment or a bit of flour to prevent sticking.
- Add cheese around perimeter of crust, then fold the crust overtop of the cheese and press down lightly (see video). I brushed the crust with garlic oil, but this is optional.
- Add sauce and toppings, then bake for 12-15 minutes, until bottom of crust is brown.
how many would you say this serves? thank you 🙂 x
We cut it into 8 pieces!