These spicy rice noodles with crispy tofu are so easy to make but taste so good you’ll be making them over and over!Print
Spicy Rice Noodles with Crispy Tofu
Spicy almond noodles cooked with julienned carrot, bell pepper and cabbage, topped with crispy tofu cubes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
200 g rice noodles
2 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
1 carrot, julienned
1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut-based soy sauce alternative)
1 heaping tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp sriracha
Crispy Tofu Cubes:
1/2 block firm tofu (6 oz), cubed
2 heaping tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup oil for frying
- Add cornstarch to a mixing bowl and toss tofu cubes until coated.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil and let it heat for about 30 seconds until hot. Add tofu cubes and fry a few minutes per side until golden brown. Once done, add to a bowl or paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat add oil, onion and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the rest of the veggies and fry a few more minutes, until softened.
- Add sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Cook a minute, stirring constantly, then add rice noodles. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is absorbed and slightly thickened. Add tofu and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.