Spicy almond noodles cooked with julienned carrot, bell pepper and cabbage, topped with crispy tofu cubes.
200 g rice noodles
2 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
1 carrot, julienned
1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut-based soy sauce alternative)
1 heaping tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp sriracha
Crispy Tofu Cubes:
1/2 block firm tofu (6 oz), cubed
2 heaping tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup oil for frying
- Add cornstarch to a mixing bowl and toss tofu cubes until coated.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil and let it heat for about 30 seconds until hot. Add tofu cubes and fry a few minutes per side until golden brown. Once done, add to a bowl or paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat add oil, onion and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the rest of the veggies and fry a few more minutes, until softened.
- Add sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Cook a minute, stirring constantly, then add rice noodles. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is absorbed and slightly thickened. Add tofu and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.